Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Reflection Day 3

Today taught all of us that adjustments to our daily schedules happen for a reason, and I believe the reason today was the simple fact that it showed us all we could adjust and still get our planned work completed. I feel this is a great lesson for these students to learn, as college is full of new schedules and unplanned events through which one must learn to time manage and prioritize correctly, so I am grateful today unfolded as it did.
These students are so astute! They ask the most direct and engaging questions, to which thankfully we so far have been able to answer lol and in addition, the energy in the room is so positive. I believe we really have them to thank for that, as teachers can provide all the materials and the know-how in the world, but unless students are willing and open to learning, nothing towards that aim will be accomplished. One of the best things I saw today was one student who had seemingly been content to sit alone for two days, but today, purposely put herself right in the middle of a group of other students for the entire lesson. I'm sure that as the week progressed she felt more comfortable, but it was nice to notice that not only did she willingly sit with others today, but the other welcomed her at their table:)  That is what this program is all about for me--people learning and living together, growing and becoming their own personality for others to enjoy. I can't wait to see what tomorrow holds for these kids. They are on their way, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection 4

I'm not sure what I can say that I haven't already said about this amazing week with the Global Arts Program. This week has been one...