Thursday, July 13, 2017

Reflection 4

I'm not sure what I can say that I haven't already said about this amazing week with the Global Arts Program. This week has been one of the best things I have participated in at IU--the program, even in its beginning stages, is a GREAT tool through which Balfour students can learn how to address social issues through art. This is such an important tool to learn, especially at such a formative age. As William Mazarella (2009)  has argued in reference to advertising, "Any social project that is not imposed through force alone must be affective in order to be effective".  I feel this quote applies to the Global Arts program. In order to effect their surroundings, each Global Arts Infusion scholar has had to learn to be affective--to have an affect, one must be effective. Art reaches people in ways other methods can/do not, and I certainly hope that these students take away the lesson of being positive, affective global citizens in the most effective way possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection 4

I'm not sure what I can say that I haven't already said about this amazing week with the Global Arts Program. This week has been one...